It is also expected that this trend will continue, especially as the younger generations of people no longer want to own a car anymore, and prefer other modes of transport. Other potentially powerful automotive markets are Iran and Indonesia.Emerging automobile markets already buy more cars than established markets. Safety is a state that implies being protected from any risk, danger, damage, or cause of injury. In the automotive industry, safety means that users, operators, or manufacturers do not face any risk or danger coming from the motor vehicle or its spare parts. Safety for the automobiles themselves implies that there is no risk of damage.
- Car manufacturers are aware of high MPV demand in Indonesia and therefore continue to launch new models.
- The VE-Trac SiC Direct platform achieves new levels of performance, efficiency, and reliability.
- Still, there are no major concerns about this situation as domestic car demand has ample room for growth in the decades to come with Indonesia’s per capita car ownership still at a very low level.
- Automotive Grade Linux is a collaborative open source project that is bringing together automakers, suppliers and technology companies to accelerate the development and adoption of a fully open software stack for the connected car.
- Currently based in Munich, I am responsible for the global automotive consulting business and part of the global leadership team at Capgemini Invent.
Jongkie Sugiarto, Chairman of the Indonesian Automotive Industry Association , said the region east of Jakarta is selected by many car manufacturers for their production base since a decade ago as the area’s infrastructure is good . He added that it has now become difficult to find large-sized land for new factories due to the influx of many businesses over the past years. Currently, this electric motorcycle is in the massive production to produce 50 thousand units and will be in the marketplace in 2018.
Google Cloud Next 2022
As the world slowly emerges from pandemic-driven lockdowns, social distancing and remote home offices; modes of daily transportation will be a top-of-mind issue for both working and socializing. Bespoke HPC / CAE / CAT IT Services & Platforms to accelerate product engineering and validation. It unleashes the business value of entrepreneurial innovation through collaboration among Atos technologists and 20 start-ups in all industries. See GKN Automotive’s system integration expertise and software control capabilities in action at the company’s winter test facilities in northern Sweden.
CNH Industrial, Accenture and Microsoft Collaborate to Develop Connected Industrial Vehicles
While other industries, such as telecommunications or mobile phones/handsets, have already been disrupted, the automotive industry has seen very little change and consolidation so far. For example, only two new players have appeared on the list of the top-15 automotive original-equipment manufacturers in the last 15 years, compared with ten new players in the handset industry. The speed of adoption will be determined by the interaction of consumer pull and regulatory push, which will vary strongly at the regional and local level.
Safety in the automotive industry is particularly important and therefore highly regulated. Automobiles and other motor vehicles have to comply with a certain number of regulations, whether local or international, in order to be accepted on the market. The standard ISO 26262, is considered one of the best practice frameworks for achieving automotive functional safety. Strategic Transformation, Growth And Restructuring Suppliers need to constantly re-think and transform their business design in order to stay competitive.