Jongkie Sugiarto, Chairman of the Indonesian Automotive Industry Association , said the region east of Jakarta is selected by many car manufacturers for their production base since a decade ago as the area’s infrastructure is good . He added that it has now become difficult to find large-sized land for new factories due to the influx of many businesses over the past years. Currently, this electric motorcycle is in the massive production to produce 50 thousand units and will be in the marketplace in 2018.
- Safety is a state that implies being protected from any risk, danger, damage, or cause of injury.
- The automotive revenue pool will significantly increase and diversify toward on-demand mobility services and data-driven services.
- As the first W3C initiative in this space, the Automotive Working Group is designed to address the need for standards in a connected vehicle ecosystem.
- Organizational Development Suppliers need to adapt their organizational structure to their growing size and level of complexity as well as to evolving industry requirements.
- However, due to robust growth in recent years, Indonesia is expected to somewhat limit the gap with Thailand’s dominant position over the next decade.
- While Tesla, Google, and Apple currently generate significant interest, we believe that they represent just the tip of the iceberg.
End-to-end security offerings and our ongoing commitment to keeping our customers secure. Success StoriesDiscover how together, Arm and partners are helping businesses innovate and push the boundaries of what’s possible across industries and at scale. Get knowledge from top technical experts about innovative projects building on Arm-based technology.
Intelligent Driving Technologies with Nissan
The Indonesian government also has high hopes for the country’s car exports , particularly since the implementation of the ASEAN Economic Community , which turns the ASEAN region into one single market and production area. The AEC should unlock more opportunities for exporters as it intensifies regional trade. Once technological and regulatory issues have been resolved, up to 15 percent of new cars sold in 2030 could be fully autonomous. Electric starter, a significant innovation in promoting the acceptability of the gasoline-powered automobile.
It can do this while ensuring sustainability goals drive profit growth and customer advocacy. Explore our latest thought leadership, ideas, and insights on the issues that are shaping the future of business and society. Continuing technology advancements and the growing need for proven supply chain resilience means the UK will… We have the local knowledge that gives us insight into your specific needs, backed by the global experience to deliver international innovation.
After 1945, the U.S. produced about 75 percent of world’s auto production. In 1980, the U.S. was overtaken by Japan and then became world leader again in 1994. In 2006, Japan narrowly passed the U.S. in production and held this rank until 2009, when China took the top spot with 13.8 million units. With 19.3 million units manufactured in 2012, China almost doubled the U.S. production of 10.3 million units, while Japan was in third place with 9.9 million units.